Why don't people understand that I just have a problem acting like my life is not affected and that some people heal at their own rate and time? It doesn't matter how long or how short you lasted, the thing is you were together and there were memories and that makes it hard... It's usually the small ones that pain the most... Small but the impact is huge, or the ones you never really thought of and then BANG!!! It all comes flooding back... How bout all the hopes for the future you held, its hard letting go of all that... It's not impossible, it’s just hard. When a person that you have loved and shared your most deepest thoughts, dreams, goals, friends ambitions and more leaves you, your life takes a crushing blow. I’m sure it can be very difficult for some and devastating for others like myself. But let me reiterate, not only did he leave me, but I had a miscarriage about a week apart, WHILE he was seeing someone else!!! It's been two months since the miscarriage, two months and a week since the split, and people keep telling me to just "get over it." Really? Just like that? You don't tell someone who's just gone into remission with cancer to, "just get over it." Or do you? Well "getting over it" is easier said than done my friend(s). It is the engraving that makes it so hard to get over someone. Especially if it was unconditional love. I have loved someone so much that it becomes impossible to forget him and move on. I have tried, consciously and unconsciously but all in vain. And sometimes I think, it doesn’t deserve to be forgotten... something’s are better when you keep them with you and you are better off with it too. The hardest part is that I respect myself unlike the rest of the party that's involved in "our" relationship. Somewhere along the line "our" relationship became distorted and it became "their" relationship.
So yes I have a problem "getting over it" call it pain, call it me dwelling over something I can't change, call it what you want I just can't get past it right now so why do they try to force me? Am I doing something wrong? Is two months too long to grieve? I don't dwell on it daily but certain things make me sad it may be for a moment it may be a day or two but not like I lay in bed and feel sorry for myself I get up and go go go with my life. Why can I not have those days, moments, or minutes to be sad? Please understand that I just won't "get over it" as you all expect me to do after two major losses in my life that actually meant something to me. Yes, people break up everyday. But people need to understand that I took my relationship and losses a bit more seriously than some do or ever get the pleasure of. So please, please stop asking, suggesting, assuming, or implying me to "just get over it."


No comments:
Post a Comment