About Me

My photo
Just a simple person with complex ramblings! :)

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mmmmmm Cookies!

The night that I originally wrote my "diary" of what had happened, I had also ordered Chinese takeout. They delivered and at this particular time I knew that I didn't want to get out and go anywhere, let alone get out of my car to walk to the front door of any restaurant establishment. So I called a pretty good place in B'wood. I ate my Curry Shrimp, watched a scary movie, and for the first time decided that I would have my fortune cookie. I never eat these. I usually crush the package, and give Zach (my dog) the cookie in his food. Well not this night, I actually wanted a little something sweet after having had my spicy curry. I opened the wrapper all while Zach was patiently sitting and staring at me waiting for a just a little bite cookie. I open my cookie very gingerly as if not to make it break into a dozen little pieces and pulled out my fortune. Again, another practice that usually just gets thrown away with the wrapper and any bits of cookie that doesn't make it into Zach's bowl. I slipped one piece of the cookie into my mouth while holding the fortune and the other piece of cookie in my hand. Zach was still waiting patiently, so I gave in and let him share the cookie with his mommy. I looked down at my fortune and it read:

Hmmm... Confucius? Luck of the pick? Printing company of fortune cookies in Iowa? My brother? My Papi and Grandmother? Divine Intervention? I'll let you come to your own judgment! :)

No comments:

Blog Archive